I welcome you to this particular page. You are here that tells me you would like to know what it is like to work with me. With your permission, I am sharing here with you my beliefs towards coaching, my purpose of coaching, the approach and the process of coaching, the intended results you can expect and the timeframe you can look forward to. I hope this information will help you in making an informed decision for your next step.
Coaching is all about identifying the right questions
Coaching is not about finding the right answers but identifying the right questions first. Once we are able to identify the right questions the path to the right answers becomes more clear.
Thre are many aspects of coaching that led me to choose coaching as my profession but if I have to choose one; I will choose the ability to produce lasting and transformative results as the number 1 aspect of coaching.
This observation is the result of many years of my own personal growth journey, my own experiences from navigating life transitions, my own first hand expriences of hadling and dealing with stress, failures, disappointments and emotional turmoil, in addition to extensive and consistent learning from the expert coaches, healers, change-makers and passionate individuals.
My Coaching Purpose
In my years of experience as a coach, humanist and researcher, I found that generally, people choose to go for coaching at the point in their life when they’re asking or struggling with certain questions from themselves like ‘What’s next?’, ‘Why I am stuck here?’, ‘How can I grow from here?’, ‘Why I am doing what I am doing?’, ‘What’s my life’s purpose?’ etc.
They are seeking guidance or help in getting clarity to live an authentic and rewarding life and are ready to take the necessary actions to transform their lives.
My purpose through my coaching is to inspire, empower and equip you one on one to reach your desired goals, get rid of limiting beliefs, enhance your self-image, develop strong connection with your inner self, nurture important relationships in your life, realize your full potential and take charge of your life. The Coaching process is completely customized to meet your unique needs and works on model of co-activeness where everything is brainstormed, designed and executed mutually.
As I mentioned above I will not only help you find the solution but also, more importantly, I will help you to find the right questions to ask yourself to get to that solution. I will make sure you are sufficiently challenged in order to get to the right place to discover the answers. I will help you and assist you in your journey towards the mutually agreed goals and make sure you reach there with smile on your face, confidence in your gait, courage and peace in your heart and significance & meaning in your existence.
My aim will not be only to make you win, but to make you win with significance and meaning.
Intended Results from Coaching
The results that individuals obtain from coaching are as varied as the people themselves and depend upon how much they are committed to their chosen path. Here I am sharing with you, my observation about some of the main intended results you may want from coaching :
- Discovering what you truly want: As I personally encountered numerous people who are neither doing what they love not loving what they do. And this is a disaster recipe for sure. In coaching the focus will be on helping you discover what you truly desire, where I will be there to gently yet firmly ask you, “What do YOU want?”. Whether health and fitness or enriched relationships, whether material or spiritual success, whether following your inner calling
- Creating whole life balance: When we’re putting in endless hours at work and home and feel much stress in our lives, it becomes more necessary than ever to create a better balance for ourselves. In today’s high pressured and fast life the balance in our lives are mostly inclined towards the wrong side. Through coaching, you can learn that by making small changes in your life and in the way you see things, meaningful and satisfying results occur. Identifying and implementing small changes can help you regain life balance
- Learning to trust and value yourself: Early in life, messages from family and other sources may cause us to lose touch with our personal values and to stop trusting our own intuitive guidance and may cause us to doubt ourselves and on our abilities. Today, in this hyper-connected and over-informed world, we’re overwhelmed by multimedia messages telling us what to buy, what to do and even what to believe. With life coaching, you will learn to trust and follow your intuition to make decisions that are right for you and value your decisions
- Finding a sense of meaning and purpose: Many of us say that we want to “make a difference” but don’t know what that would be. When we’re busy yet have no real underlying reason for all the activity, we feel something essential is missing in our lives, but don’t exactly know what it is. The lack of meaning and purpose most of the time makes us feel inadequate, lost or directionless. Through coaching, that sense of meaning and purpose can be discovered, restored and worked upon
A few more intended result what you can expect from coaching are :
- Learning assertiveness and becoming an effective, more decisive person or leader in your community or family or at work
- Becoming more confident and courageous, trying new behaviors and living more powerfully
- (Re) discovering what brings you joy and taking deliberate time out for that
- Clarifying your priorities, setting goals and applying personal management skills to become more organized and to successfully manage your career and life
- Reclaiming your life, taking charge of life back into your own hands and making sure to bring that zing back in life
The Coaching Process
Here I am sharing with you the coaching process which we will broadly follow. Just to reiterate that this process will completely be customised to your unique needs, personality and goals. This process is having three parts in which you:
1. Identify what exactly you are looking forwarded to/want in your life/where you want to go/what you want to get rid of/what’s the exact challenge you are facing
2. Brainstorm & Desing actions to make the desired changes happen/designing actions plans/way forward
3. Follow-through/consistently staying on the course step by step to create your chosen/desired results
The following will be the broad format we will follow before, during and after the session :
- We will start with a free 20-minute phone call or chat session to discuss your particular situation, why you are seeking coaching and what would be most helpful to you so that we may determine if we’re a good coaching team. This phone call or chat session will be directed towards finding a good fit from both sides
- Once we will agree and you choose to appoint me as your coach, we will set up a Pilot Session which gives you a chance to take an in-depth look at where you presently are in your personal and work life and where you desire to be. This pilot session will be like a launchpad for our further desired journey.
- The usual medium to conduct sessions are over the video conferencing platform like zoom and Go To Meeting, or chatting platforms like Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp Video, Skype or Viber or voice communication platforms like mobile or other audio network channels
- If you are in and around Surat city in Gujarat (INDIA), you have the liberty to have a personal one-on-one session at my home office or cafe apart from the above-mentioned options
- During each session, we’ll debrief about what’s happening in your life, celebrate what you feel good about, and work through the agenda that you want for that meeting. Usually, the agenda will be discussing the actions you had intended to take from the previous meeting
- Also during sessions as your thinking partner, I will brainstorm ideas with you when you’re stuck or exploring new possibilities. I will ask thought-provoking questions, provide resources and overall help you “stretch your thinking” and overcome barriers to reach your dreams and goals
- At the end of every session, I will ask you “What have you learned, confirmed or discovered?” Based on that, we’ll determine the actions you choose to take before the next session. Then we’ll schedule our next meeting, which is usually once a week or as decided at the start of our coaching journey
- There are certain practical observations which we will design for you to make between our sessions and I will give you my access to share your progress or seek guidance or for just using me as a soundboard to express your thoughts and feelings
- We will make use of written exercises, thought-provoking questions, personality and interest inventories, practical observations and other tools according to what is required for getting us successfully to the next step of our coaching process
Our coaching sessions will be of 60 minutes in length unless you decide to have longer sessions. Session time can be customized too according to your preference. The frequency of our session will be depended on the intended results and also your willingness to move through your coaching process with a certain velocity. Generally its once a week but if you want a more deliberate pace, we can meet every other week as.
In my experience Clients are often surprised by the important changes they are able to create in a relatively short period of time. The coaching process can take anywhere from a few sessions to many months depending on the length of time it takes for you to make necessary changes to reach your desired goals.
Many clients continue coaching even after their initial goals and dreams have been achieved. They identify new areas in which they want effective support from me as their “thinking partner” or they want to be in constant touch for maintaining consistency in their personal approach.
I hope you now know my purpose of coaching, the approach, the process of coaching, the intended results you can expect and the timeframe you can look forward to. Now just have a look at my coaching style, as everyone is unique and so as their ways of communicating, understanding and also coaching. Here is a glimpse of what is my coaching style.
My Coaching Style
As every person is unique so is his/her way of coaching. Here I am sharing with you my style of coaching where you will find my guiding beliefs, my outlook, and perspective towards people in general and coaching clients in particular.
This section on this page will answer many of your questions and help eliminate any big surprises when we start our coaching journey.
My Guiding Beliefs
I have some deeply held beliefs that influence how I coach clients. These include:
- Every one of us has unique qualities, talents, and abilities that we either haven’t discovered or believed that we can’t use them in our “real” lives. We can break through this limiting belief or writing on the walls to live our cherished dreams. We can shift our focus on rectifying or strengthening our weaknesses and work on our strengths and make them unparalleled
- Living with The Flow and being true to yourself is extremely empowering. I believe that when we are with the flow we are not against the flow. Acceptance is the first step towards our desired goals and becomes our initial start point. I believe until we accept the truth about ourself, we are living in denial which will not let you move ahead and create resistance
- Small steps can result in significant changes. I believe for the big changes to happen we don’t need big steps to take. Our small consistent steps will take us towards our desired results and that too with more consistent results
- We can answer our own questions and come up with our own answers as all the answers and solutions are already within us, though maybe hidden under the invisible layers. With encouragement, guidance and clear & honest conversation, those invisible layers can be penetrated and we can reach the core to find the source of our challenges. Once we discover the source, it will be easier to deal with the real questions and find effective answers or solutions
- Three are never wrong answered but wrong questions. So asking the right questions is the key to reach effective and appropriate answers and solutions.
- The Invisibles like our thinking, emotions, and feelings are the biggest source of information that we need to be having to address the visible issues we are facing. We must not avoid or bypass our feelings and emotions as we may miss the very vital information we need
- and I strongly believe the Our outside world, is the exact reflection of Our inside world and that if we focus on making our inside clear, strong and aligned, our outside will take care of itself
My approach resources
My highly personalized, holistic and simplified approach to coaching comes from years of experience in the fields of emotional intelligence, energy psychology, personal development, energy and behavioral sciences working with people for many life, career and relationships crossroads.
I believe in consistent lifelong learning and make sure I keep myself aware and updated with the latest discoveries in the above-mentioned fields so that I can help my clients to get their desired results in the most effective ways. I have my own dedicated research portal where I regularly publish my findings and try my best to decode the complex research into easy to understand and easy to follow manner. This practice of keeping myself aware and updated also helps me to keep working on my own improvement and keep me in the mode of a lifelong learner.